Pages

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The joys of home

I only have about 6 weeks left in Korea before I return to South Africa, so I've found myself thinking a lot about the things I'm looking forward to back home....and I decided to make a list (notice how most of the things on the list are FOOD!).

(P.S. I didn't add 'seeing family' to the list, because that's just OBVIOUS!)

1. Braai vleis - specifically lamb chops and boerewors. Also all the yummy things that go along with it, like pap and sous, and garlic bread!
2. Cross & Blackwell mayonnaise.
3. Proper yogurt. Real plain (NOT sweetened plain) yogurt, and GREEK yogurt!
4. Bovril.
5. Jungle oats and slap pap....real breakfast food!
6. A Sunday roast. I don't mind whether it's lamb, chicken or beef!
7. Fruit and vegetables - especially peaches and butternut.
8. Listening to Afrikaans and Country music again.
9. Watching the SuperSport channel!
10. My room - which is probably bigger than my apartment here!

That's all I can think of right now, but I'm sure there's lots more....Look out for List # 2!

Oh, I've just thought of something...

11. Mrs Balls Chutney.
12. Bar one.
13. Going fishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment