Pages

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Muggy madness

I've really been trying to make an effort to exercise lately, because usually I'm too busy. But since Korean classes stopped I have a little extra time to do it....the problem is that at the moment it's toooooo hot to even think about it! So the other day I got up at 6:30, thinking I could beat the heat and go for a walk around the fortress wall...well, I couldn't have been more wrong! It was extremely hot and muggy, even at that time already!! So I cut my walk short after reaching the peak of the wall. At least the view of the sun rising over the city was breath-taking and made it all worth it :)






On Sunday we took my friend, Jaco, to Hakdong in Seoul to go snowboard shopping. He got a snowboard, boots and bindings all for the really good price of W 570 000! He was stoked, and we are all super excited for next season. Since it's summer at the moment, things are on crazy sales, so I bought a nice pair of Burton pants and a much-needed helmet too.

I managed to sneak this photo of Sangyeon on the bus to Seoul....catching 40 winks! So cute =)



We leave for Jeju Island in just over a week, and I can't wait! I've wanted to go there since I arrived in Korea, and I'm finally getting to do it. I talked Sangyeon into taking some time off so we can go together. We're hoping to do a skin dive, climb Hallasan (a dormant volcano and the highest mountain in Korea), check out the world-famous orange orchards, eat fresh sea food, cruise the scenic perimeter on scooters, and much more! It's going to be so much fun, and great just to get away for a while - happy days :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow Tess that sounds awesome! I wish we could join you! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete