Pages

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Jebu Island

On Sunday Sangyeon took me to Jebu do, a tiny island just off the west coast close to Suwon. It is so small, that the road to the island becomes submerged when the tide comes in everyday ~ so you really have to plan your travel time if you don't want to get stuck on the island!!


It's really a small island, so there isn't much to do, but that makes it a perfect place to go and relax!!


Our guesthouse - Migo


The charming little room, it was great!


We bought a kite and had fun flying it around on the beach.


There were loads of amazing kites being flown, plus a few micro-light thingys flying around.


Our delicious lunch of prawns and fresh shell fish!!


The 'secret road' to the island.

Congratulations to Lana, Fritjof and Siana, on the new addition to their family. Kian Adam, welcome to the world :) Everybody is delighted that you arrived in time for the World Cup on Friday ;)

Weather report: it is sooooo hot here, I can't even remember how I survived last year. And the humidity hasn't even set in yet....I seem to have a constant headache, no matter how much water I drink or how many headache pills I pop. I guess I'm not used to the extreme tempretures, unlike the lovely, mild climate we have in SA. I'm not complaining though...just hope this means I'll have many trips to the beach this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment