Pages

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Overdue Chuseok Post



















Last weekend, I had Friday off for the holiday, so Brian (Canadian teacher from Pyeongtaek) and I headed down to Asan to check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Admiral_Yi_sun_sin Admiral Yi Sun-Shin's shrine. It is the place where he lived and also where most of his family is buried. It was a beautiful, peaceful place, and I loved exploring the exciting story that was his life. Admiral Yi is a very respected figure in Korean history, and there is a statue of him in most of the cities around the country. For the first time in my life I can say that I find history fascinating!!!
Then we were meant to go to the Oean folk village, but got horribly lost and ended up in a one-horse town with no English and very little public transport. Ah, the adventures....I am happy to say that we got home alive and well eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment