Pages

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Life as I know it

I didn't take many photos at all this week. I've been so busy, and also, I guess that's what happens when you settle down - all the things that seemed so new and exciting in the beginning just become part of your life as it is.

I did go to the dentist this week, and the good news is I don't have to have my wisdom teeth removed :) The bad news is, I do have to get some other treatment, and it's WAY expensive :( like WAY WAY WAY expensive!

Mr Jeon (the director at my school) invited me to his sisters wedding in Asan on Sunday. Asan is a small city about 1.5 hours south west of Suwon. It is famous for it's folk village and has one of the oldest natural spas in Korea. It seems like a nice place, so I might go there for Chusok, or Korean Thanks-giving, which is coming up at the end of the month.

The wedding ceremony takes place in a communal hall, where they do about 4 or 5 weddings a day. It is a short service after which the cake is brought to be cut and they sing a cute little wedding song. Then there is a chance for the photographer and guests to take photos.



This is Mr Jeon with his wife and youngest daughter. How beautiful is her HanBok?!

The bridal couple.

Then everyone goes to a banquet hall and shares a meal together. The bridal couple also change into traditional HanBok clothing and briefly come in to greet the guests. And then everyone goes home. It all takes about 2 hours!

The bride, with her two sisters-in-law.

1 comment:

  1. What? No partying and drinking till dawn? Hope the food was good! x

    ReplyDelete